Role: Telephone Sales Executive
Contract: Full time
Place of work: Petersfield, Hampshire, UK
Reports to: Director
Package: £18,000–£22,000 p.a. DOE + discretionary bonus + benefits
Spread the Word Media (StWM), a leading independent sales & marketing agency, is looking for a rising star to join its Petersfield-based media sales team. Affable, tenacious and results-driven, the successful applicant will join a growing sales team working across a number of established publishing, media and events brands, and will be given the opportunity to work with one of StWM’s prestigious SaaS partners.
To increase sales revenues across several accounts. To work with internal and external stakeholders to define strategies that generate new business opportunities and maximise retention rates.
Key duties and responsibilities:
* Deliver sales growth across assigned accounts via the selling of advertising, sponsorships, licences etc
* Consistently meet and / or exceed sales and performance targets (KPIs)
* Build strong relationships with existing customers and prospects to maximise retention rates and develop a solid sales pipeline
* Manage the entire customer relationship throughout the sales cycle from lead-generation to close, and onto account management. Be proactive in all communication including via telephone, email and social channels. Respond to all customer and prospect enquiries in a timely manner
* Arrange regular sales meetings (in person and / or via video call, as appropriate) with customers and prospects to provide updates / exchange information, ensure objectives are being understood / met, and outline new opportunities (cross-sell & upsell)
* Ensure all customer and prospect information is accurate and kept up to date in the CRM
* Work with internal and external stakeholders to implement effective sales & marketing strategies to promote and sell products and services
* Use gained customer insight to write and / or present proposals to a professional standard
* Maintain a good working knowledge of customer verticals including opportunities and threats
* Regularly update, feedback and pitch new ideas / initiatives to internal teams.
Experience and skills:
* Educated to A-Level standard or equivalent
* Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are essential
* Previous media / advertising sales experience is desirable
* Working knowledge of Microsoft 365 and Teams
* Full UK driving licence is required.
* A people person with great communication skills who is able to quickly establish a rapport with new contacts
* Someone who is confident, persuasive, tenacious, proactive and results-driven
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, workloads and deadlines
* A natural problem-solver and negotiator, who is happy to work under their own steam or as part of a wider team
* Lives within easy commuting distance of the Petersfield office (some overseas travel may be required).
We often work with rapidly changing priorities, tasks and deadlines, and you will be expected to be flexible in your approach to your duties and responsibilities. Your job description will change over time and is not an exhaustive list of what you will be expected to do. Spread the Word Media is committed to diversity and has an equal opportunities policy.
If this sounds like you, send us your CV and tell us in your cover letter why you think you would be a great fit for this role: email@example.com (quote job ref ‘TSEM21’). Closing date for applications: 6 April 2021. No agencies.